Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Back to the beginning...

I started my blogging journey in January 2005. As most cliche tales go, I started it because I had just had a child and didn't want to forget a single thing about her life. I blogged at least semi-regularly up until late this summer when I just stopped because it didn't feel real or genuine anymore for me.

"So why start a new blog, Rachel?" you might be asking yourselves.

The answer is simply that I quit being fake. I quit being a product blog. I quit self-promoting and selling. I was sick and tired of blogging being work. I look back on my blog posts for the last two years and see a lot of promotion with no where near equal personal stories, truths and thoughts. Somewhere in the quest for design glory and internet popularity I myself became a product. Everything that I said was censored and combed over endlessly so that I would not turn off anyone who stumbled upon my blog. And rather than continue to be inauthentic, I chose to step away and stop being and doing something that I hated.

But I miss having a place to work out my thoughts, tell our tales of fun adventures and moments as a family and go on and on about what inspires me, what I love and what latest thing I can't get enough of. A place to share my art and passions and a place to bare a little of my own soul in.

That's what I want this to be. Real. Genuine. Authentic. Quirky. Random. Just me, my life, my thoughts, my stories and of course, my obsessions.

Keep me accountable ok?

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Good to have you back! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely and so glad to here more about YOU than what you do. although I love seeing your work I am so happy to know what is going on with you. I love you. phone date soon;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay! An early Christmas present for me! I've always loved your blog(s) and after all its how we became "friends". Glad to see you back!

    And love the black polka dots you got going on here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a wonderful start to the New Year for you. I changed blogs myself for similar reasons. It just feels good to start over doesn't it? <3 Miss you darling!

    ReplyDelete