Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Time Meme

Found this online and in my desperate attempt to try to find my Christmas Spirit, I'll bite!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper with all the ribbons and bows and curling trims and gift tags.  I love wrapping presents!

2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial.  I have a gorgeous, high quality fake tree that has been my Christmas tree in my life since I was about 8 years old.  It's amazing!

3. When do you put up the tree?
Thanksgiving weekend.  All that work needs to be enjoyed for as long as possible.  Though next year I think I will do the week before Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? 
First week of January.  The last couple of years it has been down by the 2nd or 3rd.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Yes, I do.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? 
LA Gear shoes.  They were amazing.  Hot pink, black and white with THREE pairs of shoes laces that you wore AT THE SAME TIME.  Amazing I tell ya.

7 . Hardest person to buy for?
Drew.  He always waits until the last minute to get me his wishlist and then I can't find anything locally.

8. Easiest person to buy for?
Roslyn

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
No.  We celebrate secularly as we do not agree with the idea of Christmas being a Christian holiday due to its pagan origins.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? 
We mail them or hand them out personally.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I get very tired of those Walmart gift aisle bath product sets.  They usually make me itch or are completely wasted on me.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
White Christmas

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? 
I try to start at least mid way through November

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I dont think so

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas ?
Pot roast and mashed potatoes.

16. Lights on the tree? 
lots of them. Clear lights only.

17. Favorite Christmas song? 
White Christmas and O Holy Night

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? 
We usually stay at home

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Doner, Blitzen… and Rudolph, of course.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? 
Tinkerbell holding a star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
One on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Not feeling in the Christmas spirit this year.  That sucks for me.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I love that our ornaments literally tell the stories of our Christmas' past.  Some favorites include, the bird and birds nest from my childhood, the ornament I made in school when I was 7, the ornament with a picture of Drew and my first Christmas, the baby's first Christmas ornament for when we had Roslyn and most recently the school themed ornament documenting Roslyn's first year in school.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? 
Pot roast, mashed potatoes.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? 
To feel like I am in the Christmas spirit, mostly.  After that I would like Amazon kindle gift cards, Records, and Jeff Bridges movies that I don't have.  Gift certificates to Thai House and/or Starbucks would be awesome as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment