Wednesday, April 20, 2011

10 weeks :)


Week 10 of Pregnancy:  Baby's Bones Develop
Your baby's nearly an inch and a half long and the size of a prune, but not nearly as shriveled. In fact, your baby is really taking a human shape now. Though your baby's arms are developing, each one is only about the size of this number 1 
Your baby's growth is fast and furious when you are 10 weeks pregnant. He or she is nearly an inch and a half long and the size of a prune, but not nearly as shriveled (even with all the time it spends in water). In fact, your baby is really taking a human shape now. Bones and cartilage are forming, and small indentations on the legs are developing into knees and ankles. The arms (complete with elbows) can flex already, but don't run to the store for a baseball bat just yet. Though your baby's arms are taking shape and getting stronger, each one is only about the size of this number 1.   The tooth bud fairy is making her appearance this week, heralding the arrival of your baby's little choppers, which are forming under the gums. (Those pearly whites won't break through the gums until your baby is close to six months old). Other systems are go, too. Your baby's stomach is producing digestive juices, the kidneys are producing larger quantities of urine, and, if your baby's a boy, he's already producing testosterone (yikes!).
Size of baby: our little prune :).


Total Weight Gain/Loss: still at the 10lbs less than before I got pregnant.

Maternity Clothes: none... just rockin' my regular clothes.

Gender: Too early to tell :)

Movement: None yet, of course.

Sleep: I'm still tired all of the time, but when I do sleep it seems to be less interrupted which is helpful.

What I miss: being functional in the morning!

What I'm Looking forward to: The 2nd trimester. 

Cravings: Cottage cheese and apple sauce.

Symptoms: Fatigue, morning sickness, ligament pain.

Best Moment of this last Week:  Celebrating and dancing for the beautiful life of my beautiful friend... hearing her congratulate us on our growing family.  I've missed seeing her.

Yay for getting into the double digits for my week count this week! :)

Thankfully this week was better than last week.  I'm still dealing with all of the same issues, but my attitude has improved.  I think the celebration of a beautiful life of a wonderful friend helped me get out of my rut and find some more joy instead of wallowing.  It's amazing what some good music, good dancing, friends and an amazing community can do for your mood.

I've got my next doctor appointment on Monday, looking forward to hopefully getting to hear the heartbeat and talk about everything going on with my doctor in person.

2 comments:

  1. So happy you are doing better, and I pray that you start feeling better as soon as that second trimester starts. LOVE you miss you SO MUCH!!! hugs!!! Oh btw I have been buying stuff for the baby and I am tired of looking at neutral stuff I WANT TO KNOW!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. am so happy read your story.. its very informative, you explained very well about baby development.

    ReplyDelete