Wednesday, April 27, 2011

11 weeks :)

Slightly more than two inches long now and weighing about a third of an ounce (approximately the size of a fig), your fetus is growing by leaps and bounds when you are 11 weeks pregnant. And so is his or her head, which is equal in length to the rest of the body (don't worry — all fetuses are top-heavy).  
On the crown of that large head (and over the rest of the body), hair follicles are forming. Fingernail and toenail beds begin to develop this week and by next week, the nails themselves will start to grow (so don't forget to add a baby nail clipper to your to-buy list). 
Your baby's body is straightening and his or her torso is lengthening (sounds like a yoga pose, doesn't it?). Other poses your baby can assume now: stretches, somersaults, and forward rolls. And while you can't tell this baby's gender by its cover yet, testes are developing if it's a boy and ovaries if it's a girl.

Size of baby: depending on what site I look at, between 1.5-2" long... roughly fig sized.


Total Weight Gain/Loss: lost two and a half pounds this last month, so -12.5 total (which my dr said is fine with my weight and to be expected with going on thyroid medication)

Maternity Clothes: none... just rockin' my regular clothes.

Gender: Too early to tell :)

Movement: None yet, of course.

Sleep: I'm still tired all of the time, but when I do sleep it seems to be less interrupted which is helpful.

What I miss: not being nauseated!

What I'm Looking forward to: The 2nd trimester. 

Cravings: still cottage cheese and apple sauce.

Symptoms: Fatigue, morning sickness, ligament pain, headaches.

Best Moment of this last Week:  A great check up with the dr and hearing that my blood pressure was good!  I always worry about that since I had issues with my pregnancy with Roslyn.

Nothing really new to report.  Feeling better this last week thankfully.  I am still struggling with morning sickness etc, but its not quite as severe, luckily.  I'm hanging in there and looking forward to reaching the 2nd trimester.  Coming SOON.  YAY!

1 comment:

  1. Congartulations,, nice to read your story and look forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete