Sunday, April 17, 2011

Tonight I celebrated my friend.

Tonight I saw an entire community of people come together to celebrate and fund-raise for the amazing life and spirit of our dear friend, Ganai Silverwolfe.

Tonight, I saw first hand the power of friendship, the healing power of music and the contagious and enlightening spirit of positivity no matter what the circumstances of life that may bring you together.

I think I could probably begin to tell you what Ganai means to the community... but I can truly only speak for myself at the end of this night.

Ganai, without probably ever knowing it, has been one of the most important mentors of my life.  She, simply by living her life, helped to inspire and give me the courage, the open heart and the dancing feet to be truly myself.  She's been a soul-friend, a mentor and so much more to me. She inspires me with her grace, her spirit, her joy, her generosity, her open and loving heart and so much more. I am forever grateful and blessed to know her and call her my friend and I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to celebrate her tonight along with the community that she has helped create and hold together with every part of who she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment