Tuesday, August 2, 2011

25 weeks :)

(Sorry that this is yet again late.  I have been trying to post it since Tuesday night, but the formatting has been crazy everytime I do and I basically rage quit posting to my blog until I had time to rewrite and repost.)

Your baby is growing by leaps and bounds, reaching at least 9 inches in length and passing the pound and a half mark.  Under his skin, capillaries are forming and filling the blood and by weeks end, air sacs (also lines with capillaries) will develop in his lungs, getting them ready for that first breath. Mind you, those lungs aren't ready for prime time just yet- but they are developing surfactant, a substance that will help them expand after birth.  And speaking of breathing, your baby's tiny nostrils, which have been plugged up until now, are starting to open, and his vocal chords are getting ready to roar.
Vivienne's 1st Mickey Ears from Disneyland :)

Size of Baby: at least 1 and half pounds or so

Total Weight Loss/Gain: -17 pounds

Maternity Clothes: maternity jeans and whatever tops I find that look cute whether they are technically maternity or not.  I think we have one store here in town that actually carries maternity clothing, so I don't buy much of it!

Gender: GIRL!  Vivienne Claire Hall :)

Movement:  Lots of it!  She seems to love to kick rapidly while I eat and right before I eat or go to bed... right  behind my belly button!

Sleep: Thankfully its gotten better!

What I Miss:  Laying on my back and stomach

What I'm looking forward to:  Enjoying the rest of this pregnancy as much as possible... baby gear collecting... getting her room ready... my baby shower... holding in my arms when all is said and done.

Cravings: Basically anything with protein in it.

Symptoms: General soreness and tiredness and still battling some morning sickness.

Vivienne's 1st Angels T, courtesy of Great Aunt Debbie :)

This week has seen more and more of Vivienne rolling, kicking and bumping around and I am starting to be less weirded out by it and enjoy it more.  We've picked up a few pieces of baby clothes here and there and it's been fun to be on the lookout for and collect some things we love for her.

It's my birthday weekend this weekend (my birthday is on friday) and we'll be heading down to Phoenix on Sunday where I will be stopping by Babies 'R' Us for some things that I want for Vivienne and to see the bedding we've picked out in person before we commit 100% to it.

Hope everyone is having an amazing week!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment