Saturday, August 13, 2011

26 weeks :)



The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

Size of Baby: Close to two pounds, and a bit over a foot long!
Total Weight Loss/Gain: -17 lbs.
Maternity Clothes: Maternity jeans and whatever shirts look cute.
Gender:  Girl! Vivienne Claire. <3
Movement: Lots of it!  Starting to occasionally feel her move when my hand is resting on my stomach.
Sleep: I wake up a lot at night, but with Roslyn back in school, I have the opportunity to nap so it's been better.
What I Miss: Laying on my stomach! Ibuprofin for headaches.
What I'm Looking Forward to: Enjoying the rest of this pregnancy as much as possible... baby gear collecting... getting her room ready... my baby shower... holding in my arms when all is said and done.

Cravings: yellow tomatoes. 


Symptoms: General soreness and tiredness and still battling some morning sickness.



It's bee a busy and great week for us... we've been keeping busy with Roslyn in school for the 2nd week as our big first grade girl, playdates, birthday parties and more.  Our schedules have been full and very, very fun indeed.  

On the Vivienne front, we've been trucking along... collecting some cute baby things and thinking about our birthplan and other issues relating to birth, new baby, etc.  I like to be prepared so I am trying to get as much squared away as possible as soon as possible.  I go in for my gestational diabetes test this week... so here's to hoping for good results in that!

Hope everyone has had a great week! :)

1 comment:

  1. Great picture!! :) So excited to meet little Vivienne!

    ReplyDelete