Friday, September 16, 2011

31 weeks :)



Your Baby in Week 31 of Pregnancy

Weighing in at three-plus pounds and measuring 18 inches long, your baby is quickly approaching his birth length — though he's got to pack on another three to five pounds before D-day. Also developing at an impressive clip: your baby's brain connections (he's got to make trillions of them!). He's now processing information, tracking light, and perceiving signals from all five senses. He's also putting in longer stretches of sleep, which is why you're probably noticing more defined patterns of wakefulness (and movement) and rest (when he’s pretty still).


Size of Baby: About 18 inches long and over three pounds!

Total Weight Loss/Gain: -16 pounds

Maternity Clothes: maternity jeans and trying to find cute tops to wear so I actually look pregnant and not just large :-P

Gender: GIRL! Vivienne Claire Hall. As confirmed for a third time by ultrasound.  YAY!

Movement: She's definitely active but getting cramped, the poor thing!  She moves a lot in the morning, late afternoon and night still and has settled in place with her head directly below my left side ribs and her feet kicking away on my lower right side.

Sleep: There never seems to be enough but it is better and more consistent lately.  Learning how to nap when I can which has been the biggest help.

What I miss: Laying on my stomach. Coffee. Ibuprofin.

What I'm looking forward to: Enjoying the rest of this pregnancy as much as possible... baby gear collecting... getting her room ready to go... my baby shower... holding her in my arms when all is said and done.

Cravings: the usual, cheese, yellow tomatoes, melon. Sweet tea!

Symptoms: heartburn, back ache, and some morning sickness still.  But all worth it!


We had another ultrasound this week to check on how big Vivienne is because I was measuring further along than I am at my last appointment... and all is good.  She's right where she should be size wise.  I have more amniotic fluid than usual, which explains why I'm measuring bigger in the office.  No gestational diabetes, weight is still checking out great and my thyroid levels are still great with my current dose of meds.  I have an appointment again on the 27th where I will be talking to my doctor about scheduling and some other questions that I have and hopefully get another all clear to go on our special surprise trip to Disneyland for the first Halloween Trick or Treat party of the season.  We haven't told Roslyn just in case, but as of Tuesday this week, I have the clear to go ahead which is good!

I can't believe its only about 2 months until we meet Vivienne face to face.  There is still much to be done... but I know that I will enjoy the process.  Roslyn is loving on Vivi already and such a great daughter and already a wonderful, loving and caring big sister.  Drew has been taking the best care of me and I am looking forward to him being home more after this weekend and the biggest busy season for the band this year is over!  Fall is in the air and we have been enjoying every second... decorating, baking and planning some fall festivities.

Life is very good... I'm content and grateful.

1 comment:

  1. In Ultrasound image your baby looking so healthy... congratulations.

    ReplyDelete