Friday, September 23, 2011

32 weeks :)



Your Baby in Week 32 of Pregnancy



What's up with your baby? She's starting to get ready for her big debut, tipping the scales at almost four pounds and topping out at just about 19 inches. In these past few weeks, it's all about practice, practice, practice as she hones the skills she'll need to thrive outside the womb — from swallowing and breathing to kicking and sucking. And speaking of sucking, your little one has been able to suck her thumb for a while now. Something else to note: As more and more fat accumulates under your baby's skin, she's becoming less transparent and more opaque.
Size of Baby: almost 4 pounds, and between 17-19" long according to all the sites I've read.
Total Weight Lost/Gained: -16 pounds as of my last appointment
Maternity Clothes: Still alternating the maternity jeans and shirts that long enough and cut right to cover up the belly.  I also have one novelty maternity shirt that I've worn because I just thought it was too cute!
Gender: Girl!~ Vivienne Claire. :)
Movement: Often and getting visibly noticeable when I look down at my belly.  Her head is under my left ribs and her legs like to kick, kick, kick on my lower right side.  Lots of movement every time I sit or lay down to relax.  Getting slightly painful as she is getting bigger.
Sleep: I could probably sleep all day during the day if it were possible to do so, but have a hard time getting to sleep and staying asleep in the evenings no matter how tired I am.  Trying to nap when I can which helps keep me functional.
What I Miss: Laying on my back and stomach mostly!
What I'm Looking Forward To:  My baby shower on Saturday!  So excited to see my friends and family and celebrate Vivienne's coming arrival! Scheduling our c-section date.
Cravings: Nothing really lately, though I find myself hungry a lot.  
Symptoms: Still battling some nausea during the day, ligament soreness, achy back and heartburn.


This last week I've spent actually getting some things ready for Vivienne's arrival!  My mom gifted us with our car seat/stroller combo and swing and we've had the bassinet for a while since we found it early this summer for a great price.  I got everything assembled and have been working slowly but surely on my packing list for the hospital, birth plan and items to get list.


Drew and I went on a tour this week of the birthing center at the hospital in Prescott Valley where all the births are being handled in our area now.  It is so nice out there and we are very, very excited to be delivering there.  The best part for me was learning that post c-section recovery for me will take place in our room WITH Drew and Vivienne instead of Drew being with her while I am in a surgical recovery room, separated from them for at least an hour.  I could not be happier about this change in procedure with the new facilities!
We are having our baby shower this weekend and I could not be more excited to see all of our friends and family and celebrate Vivienne's coming arrival to our lives.  I have the most amazing family of friends who have been working away and in constant cahoots with each other to plan this party... so I have to thank Kristin, Aimee, Priscilla, Liz, Robin, Kristina and so many more for making us feel so loved and special and we haven't even had the party yet!  We're very. very lucky and so very grateful!
My next doctor appointment is on Tuesday and hopefully we can get our section date set soon.  I'll feel a bit better having that done and talking to my doctor about some other questions I have as well.  I hope y'all are having a great week, and as always, thank you so much for your continued love, support and friendship.  This has been a magical time for our lives and it wouldn't be the same without our circle of friends.


1 comment:

  1. <3 Great post today! So nice to get to see all the updates and photos! :) Can't wait for the shower tomorrow! YAY!

    ReplyDelete