Wednesday, October 12, 2011

35 weeks :)



Your Baby in Week 35 of PregnancyYour baby is standing tall (so to speak) this week at about 20 inches and continues her steady weight gain (she’s about 5.5 pounds). While she won't get much longer, she will continue to pack on the pounds — including large amounts of baby fat — right up 'til delivery day. Something else that's moving at a mind-boggling pace these day: fetal brain development! There’s a lot going on inside that tiny head, which is, by the way, still soft to allow an easier exit through the birth canal.



Size of Baby: about 20" long and approximately 5 and a half pounds.


Total Weight Loss/Gain: -12 pounds


Maternity Clothes: Maternity jeans are a total life saver and mine are on their last leg!  It's a good thing we've only got about 4 weeks left or else I'd have to buy more!  Sticking with longer shirts that cover that ol' belly panel on my jeans and sticking with layers since I never know if I am going to be hot or cold on any given day.


Gender: a sweet baby girl, Vivienne Claire! :)


Movement: still moving lots and lots... since I'm short, when she gets going I can feel her all over.  Lot's of what I think are knees or elbows getting me and cute hiccups.  She likes to make sure that I know that she's in there! :)


Sleep: Getting to sleep fairly easily, but waking up a lot during the night to change positions.  I feel tired a lot, so I am resting and napping whenever I can.


What I Miss:  Right now my focus is to simply not miss anything about being not pregnant and enjoy the last weeks of my time just me and Vivienne.  We're not going to be having any more children so I am cherishing the last bit of this pregnancy and doing my best to be in the moment and enjoying it.


What I'm Looking Forward To:  Seeing her beautiful face, holding her in my arms and simply breathing her in.  Introducing her to her daddy and her sister and cherishing all of those special and unique infant blessings that simply cannot be replicated or replaced.


Cravings:  baked potatoes!


Symptoms:  heart burn is the worst of them!  UGH!  Not fun.  I have to go to the bathroom all the time and find I am generally sore and tired most of the time.  Still battle with nausea throughout the day but I'm pretty good at managing my symptoms and have a decent hold on them thankfully.




This week has been fall break... and such a blessing to have Roslyn home with me during the day as I miss her so much when she is away at school.  This last weekend we went to the Pumpkin Farm (Freeman Farm) and had a blast enjoying one of our very favorite family traditions.  I love fall and everything it represents to me... change, transition, gratitude and tradition.  All so much more meaningful to me this year as we await Vivienne's arrival.  




We've reached the point where I can honestly say that we have everything that we need for when Vivienne gets here.  Between our shower and finishing up our shopping we're good to go.  I am so grateful for our family and friends and Drew who have showered us not only with love and support, but for everything that we need to take care of and welcome Vivienne into our family.  We're so grateful and so very blessed!


I'm doing great health wise which is a blessing and relief.  This far along last time around I was being seen twice weekly for high blood pressure which hasn't happened this time around thankfully!  In fact- I thoroughly impressed my doctor by getting up from laying down all by myself without his help.  He says I am in shape and that in his experience, women who are 35 weeks along usually aren't up to that!  I told him that I am just stubborn! ;)




Well... that's about it for now I suppose... have a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment