Wednesday, October 19, 2011

36 weeks :)



Your Baby in Week 36 of Pregnancy 
Forget your aching back (and everything else!) by trying to focus on your baby, who is now about six pounds and 20 inches long, with soft bones and cartilage to allow a safer journey through the exit door. Most of her systems (from circulatory to musculoskeletal) are ready for prime time, though her digestion system — which has done only practice runs so far — will kick into gear as she takes her first suckle at the breast or bottle.
jazzed up snap shirt for Vivi courtesy of a tutorial by kayla aimee

Size of Baby: Up to 20" long and almost 6 pounds!

Total Weight Loss/Gain: -12 pounds

Maternity Clothes: still in my maternity jeans and whatever shirts look best, cover the maternity panel and look cute.

Gender: Girl! <3 Vivienne Claire.

Movement: Lots! Big rolling movements and lots of what I think are elbow jabs and kicks.  She might be practicing her irish step dancing already lol!

Sleep: Alright.  I wake up a lot during the night to re-position myself but am lucky to be able to rest often during the day when Roslyn is at school and the evenings when Drew is home.

What I Miss:  I'm making every effort to not think about what I miss about not being pregnant right now because I know that in a few weeks, I will be missing parts of right now, being pregnant.  We're not doing this again so I want to try to take it all in and not wish any of it to pass faster and enjoy it.  It's a special time of just me and Vivienne.

What I'm Looking Forward To:  Meeting sweet Vivienne and bringing her home.  Starting out this life as a new family of 4.  I really didn't know that we would ever be a family of 4 and I can't wait to begin that chapter officially.  I think it will be one of the most amazing adventures yet!

Cravings:  Nothing sounds good lately.  Probably because I can't eat more than a bite or two without feeling like I may explode!

Symptoms: heartburn, soreness, morning sickness- the usual.





It's so crazy to think that we are at the point that is often times considered full term for pregnancy.  That we are so close to her grand entrance into the world.  But honestly, this week, it feels like anything but close or soon!  I swear that the snails are passing me by right now on this journey!  But I am trying to be grateful even for that slowness... I know that there will be parts of me that will miss right now in a few short weeks.


I've been feeling alright.  Just tired and sore a lot, but overall a lot better than one would think at entering month 9 in pregnancy.  Roslyn has been back in school after a wonderful week together for fall break which has had me in a funk.  There is nothing I love more than having her home with me and it is so hard to send her off every day after extra time with her.  We've got fun weekend plans to visit Mortimer Family Farms for another Pumpkin Farm trip so we are looking forward to that.  Trying to fill each and every day with joy, gratitude and adventure.


Vivi has the official family footwear now :)


I hope everyone is having a wonderful week... lots of love and thanks for the support, love and friendship as always!



1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how fast the time is passing. :) Enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete