Wednesday, October 26, 2011

37 weeks :)


almost 37 weeks along
Your Baby in Week 37 of Pregnancy 
Congratulations! You've got what is officially considered a full-term baby, even with three weeks to go. That doesn't mean he's finished growing — in fact, he's still packing on about a half pound a week (at this age, the average fetus weighs about 6.5 pounds). That makes it a little crowded in your uterus, so he’s probably not kicking as much, though he’s probably stretching, rolling a bit, and wiggling (all of which you’ll be able to feel!). Right now, your little superstar is busy rehearsing for his big debut, inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid (to get the lungs ready for that first breath), sucking his thumb (to prepare for that first suckle of milk), blinking, and turning from side to side.
the official footwear of the Hall family

Size of Baby: 20 or so inches long and around 6.5 pounds... gaining about 1/2 an ounce a day!
Total Weight Loss/Gain: -12 pounds
Maternity Clothes: This entire pregnancy I have only bought 2 pairs of maternity jeans, one maternity cardigan, 1 maternity tank top and a novelty maternity T... the rest has been stuff from clothes I've already had or regular clothes that fit well for pregnancy and can be used transitionally after delivery while I get back into my regular clothes full time.
Gender: sweet little girl- Vivienne!
Movement: still movin' lots!  Especially first thing in the morning, late afternoon and right around bed time.  When she's resting she still and sound asleep, but when she is awake, she wants you to know that she is there for sure with quick, firm kicks, bumps and punches. <3
Sleep: Doing alright with sleep since I get the opportunity to nap during the day and when Drew gets home.  He is awesome to take over once he gets home the way that he does.
What I Miss:  Not a darn thing... enjoying the moments as I experience them now.  For soon I will be missing parts of now. :)
What I'm Looking Forward To:  Seeing her face for the first time.  Seeing Drew hold her and that glimmer he will have in his eyes as he meets a new little love in his life.  Watching him fawn over her.  Introducing Roslyn to her little sister and watching her become a big sister.  Holding her close and breathing her in.  Taking those sweet little hands and feet into my hands and marveling over them.
Cravings: Pudding.  Random, I know! :-P
Symptoms: General soreness in my pelvis, nausea, heartburn and headaches!  Oh boy! :-P


me resting, which bores me but I am so grateful for my reason to need the rest.

I absolutely cannot believe that we are only 2 weeks away from meeting Vivienne!  We had our 37 week appointment today and everything is looking good and healthy and I am only dilated about one centimeter so it looks like she is like her big sister and will hold out for her scheduled date!  I'm feeling alright... just tired and slowed down, but I know that that is normal and my body making me chill out and do what I need to do  to take care of Vivi and myself.

We had fun this last weekend at Roslyn's school Fall Carnival, a pumpkin farm visit and an afternoon spent playing in the fall leaves.  I'm so grateful that we've gotten to enjoy my most favorite season and time of year fully with all of our adventures from Disneyland, to the pumpkin farm, to throwing leaves and walking around with a pumpkin spice latte just breathing it all in deeply and with much gratitude.  

I've found myself in a crafty mood the last two weeks as well so I am hoping that during rest breaks from putting the finishing touches on everything for Vivienne that I can bust out some layouts or other projects.  I'd like to make a general fall banner for our mantle to hang up through Thanksgiving.

Mostly I am just feeling so incredibly grateful for everything in my life lately.  I have an amazing, supportive and loving husband; a beautiful, sweet, smart and genuinely GOOD little girl; a beautiful new little daughter to love growing inside of me; a wise, strong and loving mother; a helpful and loving father; amazing, giving, loving and wonderful friends and more joy and blessings than I could ever deserve.  Life is truly beautiful and a gift to be so grateful for.

so much love

Here's to having another wonderful and hopefully productive week! :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh i love those little tiny pink shoes, Not long to go now chick, good luck x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. only 3 more weeks to go --- that must be pretty exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are enjoying with your little baby, Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete