Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dear Vivienne,

Dear Vivienne,

It's Mama again. :)  We have been together now for 35 and a half weeks and I can't believe we are so close to meeting you!  You will be here in roughly three weeks from now.

We are so ready and anxious to meet you in person already!  We've spent the last six weeks getting everything that you need and that we want for you ready.  You are truly a loved little girl in every way.

One thing that I want you to know is how loved and wanted you are.  First and foremost by your Mama, Daddy and big Sister Roslyn.  You already fit so snugly and perfectly in our lives; like you've always been here with us.  You are meant to be, truly.

Secondly, you have the most amazing and loving chosen, extended family.  We have a small and beautiful little genetic family, where some people have larger ones than they could ever know what to do with.  But for where we might lack in that, we have been blessed with the most wonderful kind of family that one can have- a CHOSEN one.  You are absolutely LOVED and CHERISHED so much already by these amazing people and I hope that you always know that.  We are a family with a community family and that is a rare and special gift that not every one gets to experience.

I want you to know that I will always love you first and foremost in life.  I will listen to you with an open mind and an open heart.  I will HEAR what you have to say and I will respect you, your thoughts, your feelings and your opinions.  I will not assume the worst.  I will always strive to praise you first and be kind in any criticism or correction.  I will remember that my words, my actions, my facial expressions and even my thoughts will have power and a profound affect on your life and will choose them with love, compassion and faith in who you are.

I promise you that we will have adventures.  We will have fun.  I will dance with you, sing with you, run with you, create with you, praise you and love you every day of your life.  Your childhood will be a CHILDhood.  I will value your interests and your thoughts.  I will be a safe place to land, to vent and to feel... always.  I value everything you are and everything that you will be.  YOU ARE LOVED.  Always.

There will be times I mess up, but I will always admit my wrongs and learn from them as I would expect you to do.  I will always strive to do better every time and we'll always learn together.  I promise.

I'm excited for our adventures together as a family with you, Vivienne.  I think you will like being a part of this family.  We're silly, we're unique, we're quirky, we're devoted, we love A LOT, we adventure together, we laugh and we support each other always.  And we know that you will bring so much to our lives, our love and our adventures.

I love you like crazy sweet girl,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment