Thursday, November 3, 2011

38 weeks :)



Your Baby in Week 38 of Pregnancy
Hey, your little one isn't so little anymore, weighing close to seven pounds and measuring 20 inches long. Fetal development is nearly complete as your baby tends to a few last-minute details like shedding the skin-protecting vernix and lanugo. He's also producing more surfactant, a substance that prevents the air sacs in his lungs from sticking to one another once he starts to breathe. Most of the changes this week are small but important: He’s continuing to add fat (so he can take advantage of all those photo ops by sporting a round, cute baby look!) and fine-tuning his brain and nervous system (so he can deal with all the stimulation that awaits him once he makes his entrance into the world).
Size of Baby: 20 or so inches long and around 7 pounds... gaining about 1/2 an ounce a day!
Total Weight Loss/Gain: -10 pounds
Maternity Clothes: This entire pregnancy I have only bought 2 pairs of maternity jeans, one maternity cardigan, 1 maternity tank top and a novelty maternity T... the rest has been stuff from clothes I've already had or regular clothes that fit well for pregnancy and can be used transitionally after delivery while I get back into my regular clothes full time.
Gender: sweet little girl- Vivienne!
Movement: still movin' lots!  Especially first thing in the morning, late afternoon and right around bed time.  When she's resting she still and sound asleep, but when she is awake, she wants you to know that she is there for sure with quick, firm kicks, bumps and punches. <3
Sleep: Doing alright with sleep since I get the opportunity to nap during the day and when Drew gets home.  He is awesome to take over once he gets home the way that he does.
What I Miss:  Not a darn thing... enjoying the moments as I experience them now.  For soon I will be missing parts of now. :)
What I'm Looking Forward To:  Seeing her face for the first time.  Seeing Drew hold her and that glimmer he will have in his eyes as he meets a new little love in his life.  Watching him fawn over her.  Introducing Roslyn to her little sister and watching her become a big sister.  Holding her close and breathing her in.  Taking those sweet little hands and feet into my hands and marveling over them.
Cravings: Pudding.  Random, I know! :-P
Symptoms: General soreness and a lot of pressure low in my pelvis, nausea, heartburn and headaches!  Oh boy! :-P


Well... another week closer to what we're calling Vivienne Day!  I can't believe we're so, so close!  it's exciting and making us anxious all at the same time.  Our doctor appointment was technically our pre-op appointment this week and everything is looking like we'll hold old out until the big day- but you know what happens when you count on or guarantee anything lol.  Plans can always change.  The doctor said that she was happy by her heartbeat and I am doing good... high blood pressure at first take, but it dropped after laying down on my side for a while.  I had the same issue when I was pregnant with Roslyn but it was definitely worse then than it is now.  I think going on the thyroid medicine and the weight loss that I have experienced as a result of that has helped.  


This week I got the hospital bags packed, we've taken my dad to Roslyn's school so he knows the pick-up process and the staff and her teacher know who he is and that he is helping us out.  We're hoping to get some last minute things done around the house this weekend and take a lot of time to relax and enjoy these last few days before we bring our precious little girl home.


It's funny how when you find out that you are pregnant that this time that we're in right now seems so very far away and then before you know it, here you are.  Days away from welcoming your little one to your world and you look back and wow- it all seemed to have blown by in the blink of an eye!


My plan is to pregnancy blog again next week before we go to the hospital, but if we can't... I just have to say that this has been an incredible adventure for us.  An adventure that I didn't know I'd get to have again and am so grateful for.  The support and the love we've received during these last 8 months has been truly amazing and cherished and we're so grateful for every single bit of it.  Sharing this with our family and friends who love us has made it that much more wonderful.  Thank you.  From the bottom of our hearts.

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Glad everything is going well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the home stretch! Enjoy these last few days-awesome pictures by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a great job documenting!
    You will be so glad you have this!
    Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pictures congrats ... may God continue to bless you....

    ReplyDelete