Friday, January 6, 2012

the first Vivienne layouts :)

I'm so excited to be sharing the first (of what I assume will be far too many) Vivienne layouts!  Kristin came over to scrapbook on Tuesday night and I got inspired to finally dive in and start creating some pages of this little beauty.

"a face so sweet"
this layout was made using Studio Calico's Autumn Press collection.  I absolutely adore this line and think it is so perfect for my baby girl pictures.  It's soft, feminine and sweet without being that typical baby pink or theme.  It's also incredibly versatile... I will have another project I made using it to post soon!

I also added some Studio Calico mist (used with a doily) in Cameo, a couple of crocheted flowers from my stash, a Prima flower, some American Crafts thickers, Basic Grey chipboard alphabet and my Jenni Bowlin pennant punch and Stampin' Up! border punch.  The twine is from my Dec. Studio Calico kit add-on... love how I can usually mix and match out of my kits to make them stretch!

Some detail shots:



"Welcome to our nest"
This layout was created using the Studio Calico November kit.  I added some American Crafts thickers and Basic Grey chipboard letters, a vintage lotto game piece (I used a brown marker to color over its original red), a sunflower doily, a creative imaginations twig, and twine from the December kit add-on I purchased.  I used my Jenni Bowlin sparrow, file tab and pennant punches, as well as my Stampin' Up! heart punch.

some detail shots:



It feels so good to have Vivienne's book started and be back to scrapbooking for fun!  I've been so project oriented (Roslyn's birthday party, holiday decorations, etc) that I feel like I haven't sat down and just played in FOREVER.  I'm so inspired and already have my next layout sketched out, product pulled and ready to be made when I have the moments to do so, and a notebook full of ideas for pages I want to make sure to do to capture all of those little things and memories that fade over time.  My goal for the year is to make sure I create every week, so I will hopefully be sharing often!





19 comments:

  1. love that second layout! I found that kit really hard to work with but you've inspired me to have another look at it!

    You so need to scrap lots more of that beautiful baby too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE! Especially the butterflies and the misting. And what a beauty she is, love her name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are lovely layouts Rachel! I really like the misting and stitching. Vivienne is one gorgeous little girl. She has the cutest face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are just beautiful hun! I had so much fun scrapping with you and watching you create! I have missed that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are absolutely adorable!
    And so is Vivienne :)
    Love the misted doily on the first.
    And that wood grain paper with all the yellow on the second is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What adorable layouts and a precious little baby! My little one is sixteen months old now, and I have yet to work on some "real" layouts for her scrapbook. I say "real" because anything I've done so far is really just practice with digi kits. :)

    Aloha,
    Dena
    (Strawberryfairy on 2Peas)
    missdjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful baby! And her name is so unique. I love it! Both pages are also great. I really like the colors on welcome to our nest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awe those are just precious layouts! I love the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are just gorgeous. And that sweet Vivienne is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the layouts. I was eyeing the nest one when I was over last night. It is just as amazing and perfect as Vivi is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh your layouts are beautiful and so is your sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so sweet baby and your layouts just make her sweeter!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh Rachel Rachel.. she is just too precious!! Can I come for a cuddle? :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pages, good to see you scrap again x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are *{FABULOUS!!!!}* So glad to see you inspired <3 ...not that that's hard with Roslyn Mae & Sweet Vivienne!

    ReplyDelete
  16. don't ask me how I found you but I'm glad I did! You got super scrapping skillz and I hope you don't mind that you are one of my "featured blogs" or tomorrow!!!

    www.kateblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. These layouts are so beautiful! Incredibly sweet and life-affirming. Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete