Thursday, August 16, 2012

I always wanted you.

My dear sweet Vivi,

You're 9 months old.  NINE.  MONTHS.  OLD.  You've officially been here and in our arms as long as I had the privilege and honor of carrying you inside me.
Tonight, while sitting on the couch, you snug in my arms, listening to music and the rain falling with our front door open I looked at you and wanted to cry.  And my heart sang out to me the words that I hadn't conciosuly thought in all this time but always knew to be true...

I always wanted you.
I always wanted you.  Exactly who you are.  Those beautiful blue eyes that curve just like mine.  That little nose that fits so perfectly between those adorable cheeks of yours.  Those perfect rose bud lips that smile so brilliantly and sweetly.  That curve between your neck and shoulder that I can't help but want to kiss on every moment of every day.  Those little hands that always find their way onto my cheek or in my hair or around one of my fingers.  That belly that is always just waiting to be rubbed and those chubby little legs that kick with happiness and sheer joy whenever you see your mama or daddy coming your way.

You're everything that I always wanted and so very much more than I could have ever imagined that I could deserve.  You are the sweet baby girl of each and every one of my dreams.  The perfect puzzle piece to complete this family puzzle of ours.  The perfect baby sister and friend.  You are a perfect dream come true. 
Thank you for waiting for us and for joining our family.  Thank you for blessing our lives.  Thank you for wanting us too.  For your whole life I want you to know this.  I always wanted you.  And I am so grateful and joyous to have you in my arms.

I love you my dear sweet Vivi-kins.
Love,
Mama

3 comments:

  1. <3 <3 <3 so so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful, makes me even more glad you are in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has it really been that long already? They grow like weeds, dont they, my babies are all so independant now as i have taught them to be but its sad they dont "need" me as much anymore :-( they still get those slobery neck kisses though haha

    ReplyDelete