Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Back to School

It's hard to believe that as I sit down to write this, Roslyn is off at her third day of the third grade.  Here in Arizona, we're already back to school and it seemed like the summer truly flew by.

I'm not one of those parents who rejoice at back to school time honestly.  My days are sweeter and easier with Roslyn here with me, so it's always a rough adjustment.  But nothing beats that feeling I get when I see her come out of the building when I pick her up.

This year feels huge and like a turning point somehow.  THIRD GRADE.  She officially has less of elementary school ahead of her and more of it already behind her.  This year and two more years before she goes off to middle school.  It's crazy to think about.  She's going to be learning to write in cursive, multiplication, division and so much more.  I know that she is more than ready for everything to come... and slowly but surely, I am accepting that the girl who I still see in my mind from the first day of kindergarten is growing up.  Fast.  Right before my very eyes.



And she is ready.  She is so smart.  So kind.  So loving.  So caring.  She is responsible and she tries her hardest in everything that she does.  She takes pride in herself and her learning and she's got this.  Every step of the way, she is leaping.

While I might not always feel ready for her growing up, I am growing right along side her as a mama.  And I am so very proud of her and everything that she is and will be.


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe she's in third grade already! It seems like just yesterday she had Shrek ponytails. Give her big third-grade hugs from her Aunt Kristin!! I'm sending a few extras for mama too. <3

    ReplyDelete