Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Layout Share- Tale As Old As Time...

I created this layout for our December 2013 trip album.  Sometimes, with the selfie style pictures of Drew and I on trips, you can't even tell that we were at Disneyland.  But we were and I will always include them with those albums.

Something that helps me include them in a meaningful way is to use the photo to tell a bigger part of our total Disney story, like I did with this layout.  When I picked up this photo, the song from Beauty and the Beast popped in my head... "Tale as old as time, true as it can be..." and my concept for the layout clicked.


The journaling reads:
Boy meets Disney girl.
Disney girl takes boy to Disneyland...
he becomes a Disney boy
and together they go on so many
Disney adventures...
even having their own Disney baby girls...
Dreams do come true...

To add a bit of Disney touch to this layout, I added small punched out Mickey silhouettes to each of the embellishment hearts.  The "Dream" bingo card is also a nod to Disney and the prevailing theme throughout the movies and the parks of dreams.  The title is the lyrics to the song "Beauty and the Beast", the inspiration to this layout.

I used primarily the DCWV Vintage Collector line of products.  I added thickers from American Crafts, some twine and a label from the Target dollar spot, chalk ink from prima and some doilies to complete the page.  The journaling spot was created with my absolute favorite new scrapbook tool, the tag punch from Stampin' Up.  

Thanks so much for looking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment