Thursday, April 30, 2015

Life lessons aren't always easy

Yesterday morning talk with Roslyn, to let her know we lost a friend. 

She handled it well.  Shocked, sad. So sad for her friend and of course, reminded of her own losses.

If I can teach her anything in this life, I want to teach her to be a good friend. 

To be there in the good times and the bad times, to walk in when everything seems too hard or uncomfortable. To be compassionate, empathetic, loving, loyal and resilient in her friendships. 

I'm lucky she has the kindest heart and the most beautiful soul already. Not much worked required. I'm blessed to be her mama, and I am also blessed that I get to have her as a friend.

Life lessons aren't always easy.  But we are always both learning and growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment